Boiler Upgrade Scheme
Gas Angel Heating – £7,500 heat pump grant
North East homeowners and Landlords can now take advantage of a £7,500 grant to be used towards the cost a new heat pump when switch from gas or oil boiler.
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme Grant, or BUS grant for short, helps you wave goodbye to your fossil fuel boiler and embrace sustainable year-round comfort, all while receiving a reduction of up to £5,000 on the total installed cost of an air source heat pump.
Launched in April 2022, Gas Angel can help you to adopt low-carbon heating technology.
This grant has been designed to play a vital role in the UK’s journey toward cleaner energy, with the ultimate goal of achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
How does the BUS grant work?
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme will run from 2022 to 2025, with grants being assigned on a first-come, first-served basis to those who meet the eligibility criteria.
This opportunity is open to owners of existing properties, be they residential or small non-domestic spaces, who are considering moving from traditional gas heating systems to an air-source heat pump, a ground-source heat pump, or a biomass boiler.
How do you apply for the BUS grant?
No need to worry about making an application; it’s all taken care of by us. As an MCS Certified company, Gas Angel Heating will handle the application process on your behalf.
How and when do you receive the BUS grant?
Successful applicants will receive a one-time voucher to offset the project’s expenses. The voucher’s validity extends to three months for an air source heat pump. After confirming the installation’s completion and processing the necessary paperwork, Gas Angel Heating can redeem the voucher on your behalf.
Who is eligible to apply for the BUS grant?
This opportunity welcomes both domestic and small non-domestic properties in England and Wales.
To get started, you’ll need to:
• Be the owner of your property, whether it’s your home or a small business location
• Own a property with an installation capacity of up to 45kWth, encompassing the majority of homes.
• Be in the process of replacing a fossil fuel heating system, such as a gas boiler or oil-burning setup
• Present a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). It’s essential that your EPC doesn’t contain any pending recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation unless an insulation exemption applies.
If your EPC does contain such suggestions, they must be fulfilled, and you’ll need to secure a new EPC prior to applying for a BUS grant.
What’s the BUS grant amount?
Air source heat pump: You can enjoy a reduction of £7,500 covering both the product/materials cost and installation.
Please bear in mind that each property is eligible for one grant only.
Your next steps…
– Reach out to us to apply – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 289 3464
– Our MCS Certified experts will manage your application process
– Successful applicants receive a one-time voucher for up to £7,500.
– Voucher validity extends to three months for air source heat pump installations
– We handle the redemption process on your behalf
🤔 Find out here, if a heat pump is right for you.
Independent customer reviews
Thank you to our lovely customers for leaving us glowing reviews across three of UK's most trusted platforms! Take a look...
Very thorough & hardworking
"Complete system and boiler renewal, Dave and Adam were very knowledgeable and approachable. They were..."Read more
All round excellent service
"I've used Gas Angel a number of times and never been disappointed. The engineer came to perform a gas fire removal..."Read more
First class installation
"New central heating boiler installed. Excellent service. First class installation. Helpfull and curtious service throughout..."Read more